St. John’s Church
St. John’s Church in Savannah, chartered in 1841, is an unusually traditional parish within the Episcopal Church, a church that still walks in the “old paths” of Anglican belief and practice.
Committed to upholding and propagating the historic Faith and Order of the Catholic Church as set forth in the Anglican formularies and shared with the Anglican Communion, our priorities are reverent worship “in the beauty of holiness,” according to the forms preserved in the 1928 Prayer Book; teaching, preaching, administration of the Sacraments, and pastoral care grounded in Scripture and the Church’s tradition; and support for young families raising children in the faith.
Its Gothic Revival church building, consecrated in 1853, is notable for its stained glass, beamed roof, and majestic reredos. The Parish House, one of Savannah’s finest antebellum mansions, is a place of hospitality for all; and Cranmer Hall (2004) provides up-to-date facilities in an attractive setting for Christian education and community outreach.