The Living Church Magazine
The Living Church has served Episcopalians and their ecumenical allies since 1878, and is your best source for news and views on the issues shaping the life of the Church. Subscribe to The Living Church today and start receiving articles, reviews, and commentary by North Americans and global Anglicans from catholic, evangelical, and ecumenical perspectives. Plus, enjoy features and lectionary reflections for each Sunday of the year that will strengthen your faith.
Illuminations is a lector’s aid for Sunday worship to encourage congregational comprehension.
- Concise introductions to the lessons as listed in the Prayer Book Lectionary and Revised Common Lectionary printed on 4 x 5” cards
- Helpful overviews for all lay readers, clergy, and deacons
- Perforated Illuminations that can be torn out and distributed in advance to those who read the lessons
- The entire Scripture texts included with the Illuminations that are available for download
- Scripture options are in the Revised Standard and New Revised Standard versions of the Bible
The Episcopal Musician’s Handbook
The Episcopal Musician’s Handbook is the essential tool for assisting clergy, musicians and the laity in preparing meaningful worship in the Anglican tradition. The handbook has two facing pages for every Sunday and every major holy day of the year. The left-hand page contains the date, liturgical observance, customary color, collect, Sunday lections from the Revised Common Lectionary, proper preface, and hymn listings from The Hymnal 1982, Lift Every Voice and Sing II, and Wonder, Love, and Praise. The right-hand grids are worksheets on which to plan service music. Christmas, Easter and Pentecost have extra planning pages. The hymn check lists at the back of the book allow you to keep track of usage. Hymns in most cases carry the themes of the gospel, lessons, or collect. Hymns appropriate to the season are also included.
- Simple guide for planning hymns that fit the propers of the day.
- Small congregation friendly.
- Complete index of all the service music in The Hymnal 1982, including the Appendix.
- Psalms pointed to plainsong chant for each season.
- Helpful tips for those new to leading music in the Episcopal Church.