St. Paul’s Chapel of Trinity Church Wall Street will host a discussion Jan. 31 about efforts to end cash bail and enact speedy trial, discovery, and parole reform in the state of New York.
The session is by invitation only, but the church will make streaming video available afterward. The speakers include:
- Sen. Jamaal T. Bailey of the 36th District;
- Sen. Michael Gianaris of the 12th District;
- Assembly Speaker Carl E. Heastie of the 83rd District;
- Rabbi Stephanie Kolin of Central Synagogue;
- Jonathan Lippman, former Chief Judge of New York;
- Marvin Mayfield, who has experienced the current system of cash bail;
- The Rev. Winnie Varghese, director of justice and reconciliation at Trinity Church Wall Street.