The Rev. Canon Andrea McMillin, canon to the ordinary in the Diocese of Northern California, has joined a slate of four bishop nominees:
- The Rev. Matthew D. Cowden, rector of St. Michael and All Angels Church in South Bend, Indiana;
- The Rev. Christopher Brooke Craun, rector of St. Michael and All Angels Church, Portland, Ore.;
- The Rev. Canon Megan Traquair, canon to the ordinary, Diocese of Arizona, Phoenix;
- The Rev. Randall R. Warren, rector of St. Luke’s Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
For each of the five nominees, the diocese provides a video, brief bio, letter to the diocese, answers to three questions, and a résumé.
These are the three questions:
- Describe your Christian journey; why do you follow Jesus?
- Describe how you led a group in creating a new vision and the success and difficulties you encountered instituting a significant change.
- What is the role of a bishop in providing leadership, guidance and oversight to clergy, laity and widespread congregations?
An electing convention is scheduled for Feb. 9 at Faith Episcopal Church, Cameron Park.