On the evening of July 5, several dozen Episcopalians offered two-minute testimonies to the Joint Standing Committee on Program, Budget, and Finance in the JW Marriott in downtown Austin.
This gathering, among the first public meetings of PB&F in Austin, gathered comments without asking clarifying questions or engaging in dialogue, which comes later.
- The Rev. Scott Gunn and Laurie Brock spoke in favor of funding Resolution D016, to seek truth, reconciliation. and restoration amid sexual harassment, misconduct, and discrimination in the church.
- Hannah Wilder and Lisa Brown spoke in favor of funding Resolution A005, to continue a network for church planting.
- Aimee Bostwick, Andrea McKellar, the Rev. Paul Canady, and Elizabeth Scott spoke in favor of Resolution D030 to continue funding Forma.
- The Rev. Richard Mahaffy of the Episcopal Conference of the Deaf spoke in favor of increased funding for deaf ministries.
- Bishop John Tarrant, the Rev. Kim Fonder, the Rev. Rachel Taber-Hamilton, the Rev. Lauren Stanley, and the Rev. Leon Sampson spoke in favor of funding indigenous ministries and theological training.
- The Rev. Joseph Green Jr. spoke in favor of funding historically black colleges and universities.