The Diocese of West Tennessee has posted an online profile in its search for the diocese’s fourth bishop.
The search committee will receive names until June 15, and the standing committee plans to release nominees’ names Sept. 21. An electing convention is scheduled for Nov. 16-17.
The search committee says it seeks a bishop who:
- Prays — regularly — for us and with us
- Proclaims the Gospel in word and action and helps us do so also
- Welcomes all seekers of Christ
- Honors our diversity in theology, culture, thought, personality, and person
- Articulates our unique Episcopal identity and mission and helps us establish a vision for this diocese
- Equips us to carry out that mission and vision in our local communities
- Builds trust and collegiality among clergy and laity through honest dialogue
- Connects us to others across the diocese, the nation, and the world
- Communicates clearly and regularly with transparency
- Commits to diocesan-wide youth ministries
- Engages in issues of social justice in the community
- Leads by both experience and example, and by both listening and teaching
The next bishop will succeed the Rt. Rev. Don E. Johnson, who has led the diocese since 2001.