Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has joined the leaders of the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America in preparing devotions for Lent.
The devotions in Set Free by Truth begin with Ash Wednesday on Feb. 14 and continue through Easter Sunday, April 1. Each segment of Set Free by Truth presents Scripture citations, a reflection, and a prayer.
The devotions include:
- Ash Wednesday: “Return to me with all your heart” by Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Lent 1: “An appeal to God for a good conscience” by Archbishop Fred Hiltz of the Anglican Church of Canada
- Lent 2: “Take up their cross and follow me” by National Bishop Susan Johnson of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Lent 3: “But we proclaim Christ crucified” by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry of the Episcopal Church
- Lent 4: “The Lord sent fiery serpents among the people” by Presiding Bishop Eaton
- Lent 5: “Purge me from my sin” by Archbishop Hiltz
- Palm/Passion Sunday: “Hosanna!” by Bishop Johnson
- Triduum: “Until he comes again” by Presiding Bishop Curry
Adapted from the Office of Public Affairs