The Rt. Rev. Brian Prior, Bishop of the Episcopal Church in Minnesota (ECMN), writes about an open house for the church’s new office space at 1101 West Broadway Avenue:
It was an incredible gathering. Loud laughter, delectable dishes from local vendors, joyous singing and an absolutely inspiring welcome and prayer from our new neighbor, Bishop Richard Howell of Shiloh Temple, all made for the history books of the Episcopal Church in Minnesota.
… Here are a few things that will give you a bit of a deep dive into your new ECMN Offices:
1. The purchase and construction of 1101 W. Broadway Avenue has zero impact on the ECMN operating budget, so no [Mission and Ministry Support] money was spent on this building.
2. All spaces in the building were designed with collaboration and connection in mind. The openness and the number of rooms available for use will help us connect within ECMN and with our neighbors.
3. Community partner offices will be rented out to small organizations — those with Episcopal roots and those supporting good work in this community.
4. Sammy’s Avenue Eatery (Sammy’s) is an anchor in the community, serving up delicious food, and is always bustling with community members. Sammy’s is one of our favorite things about the building, and we’re excited that the cafe is getting a much-needed update to meet the needs of this expanding business!
5. The building has 7 reservable meeting spaces that can accommodate anywhere from 6-100.These spaces are for ECMN faith communities, affiliates, and the community at large to promote connection, community and collaboration!
6. The parking lot spans the entire space behind the building, from Emerson to Fremont. Once completed, the parking lot will have spaces for 100.
7. Zoom, smartboards, and projectors will help the conference and meeting room spaces be accessible for bringing people together for conversations from across the state and beyond.
8. Unlike our former offices, the new ECMN offices are fully accessible, with automated doors, an elevator and gender-neutral bathrooms.
9. ECMN will be getting a significant rebate from Xcel Energy for the energy-efficient lighting systems that were installed.