The Oct. 22 edition of The Living Church is available online to registered subscribers.
The edition’s lead news story covers the 2017 Primates’ Meeting.
The primates of the Anglican Communion addressed the Scottish Episcopal Church’s decision to permit same-sex marriage, as well as needs related to evangelism and discipleship, in the first few days of their October 2017 meeting at Canterbury Cathedral.
Responding to the Scottish church’s decision, the primates reached a consensus Oct. 3 that the Scots should face the same consequences as the U.S.- based Episcopal Church.
Last year, the primates stipulated a list of requirements that limited the Episcopal Church’s engagement in church bodies and its authority on any issues pertaining to doctrine or polity.
The primates, meeting Oct. 2-6, spent an hour discussing the decision by the Scottish Episcopal Church to change its canon on marriage.
- Primates 2017: ‘More of a Family’
- Final Music for the Soul | By G. Jeffrey MacDonald
- Spiritual Growth Comes First | By Kirk Petersen
- Erasing History? A Symposium | By Kelly Brown Douglas, Brandt L. Montgomery, David Cox, and Peter Doll
- The Theology of Landscape | By Dennis Raverty
- Hildegard of Bingen and The Essential Icon | Review by Hannah Matis
- A Well of Wonder and The Arts and the Christian Imagination | Review by Andrew Petiprin
- The Faithful Artist | Review by Sara Schumacher
- The Image of Christ in Modern Art | Review by Ayla Lepine
- The Altars Where We Worship | Review by Ronald A. Wells
- Sunday’s Readings