The Episcopal Church has given $127,358 to 15 recipients of young adult and campus ministry grants for 2017. Such grants provide funding for dioceses, congregations, and community college, tribal college, and university campuses for ministry with young adults on and off college campuses.
“These grants help the Episcopal Church live into an expanded understanding of what it means to be in ministry with young adults on and off college campuses,” said the Rev. Shannon Kelly, officer for young adult and campus ministries. “This is a growing ministry, one that shows the church how to engage mission and the Jesus Movement in new, innovative ways.”
Three leadership grants and 12 program grants went to 13 dioceses. Leadership grants will start or reinvigorate young adult and campus ministry initiatives. Program grants provide seed money to assist in the startup of campus ministries or to enhance existing initiatives.
A team of reviewers, including provincial campus ministry coordinators and leaders in ministry with young adults, reviewed 30 grant applications representing $401,000 in requests.
The final round of applications for young adult and campus ministry grants for this triennium will be announced in January 2018.
- Diocese of Arkansas, Hendrix College Chapel Choir: $12,000
- Diocese of Chicago, Chaplain, Brent House: $29,300
- Diocese of Milwaukee, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church: $29,800
- Diocese of Central Gulf Coast, young adult and campus ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Fond du Lac, Office of Spiritual and Religious Life, Lawrence University: $4,451
- Diocese of Fond du Lac, St. Matthias’ Truth and Reconciliation, young adult ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Iowa, Breaking Bread, young adult ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Iowa, Episcopal Campus Ministry, University of Iowa: $5,000
- Diocese of Massachusetts, Life Together, young adult ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Michigan, Canterbury House, University of Michigan: $5,000
- Diocese of Minnesota, University Episcopal Community: $5,000
- Diocese of New York, Grace Year, young adult ministry: $5,107
- Diocese of Northern California, the Belfry, Lutheran-Episcopal Campus Ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Northern Michigan, Canterbury House Campus Ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Southern Ohio, Downtowners Campus Ministry: $1,700
Adapted from the Office of Public Affairs