The Diocese of Delaware has announced a five-member slate in the search for the diocese’s 11th bishop:
- The Rt. Rev. Laura J. Ahrens, Bishop Suffragan, the Episcopal Church in Connecticut
- The Very Rev. Michael Battle, Herbert Thompson Professor of Church and Society and director of the Desmond Tutu Center at General Theological Seminary
- The Rev. Kevin S. Brown, rector, Church of the Holy Comforter, Charlotte
- The Rev. Patricia S. Downing, rector, Trinity and Old Swedes Parish, Wilmington, Delaware
- The Rev. Canon Scott A. Gunn, executive director of Forward Movement
Each nominee’s profile page includes a brief video.
The diocese will receive any nominees by petition until noon (EDT) May 13. The election is scheduled during a special convention on July 15.