Adapted from the Office of Public Affairs
In a show of support and advocacy, Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael Curry plans to visit Standing Rock Sioux Nation Sept. 24-25.
- Tour Standing Rock with the Rt. Rev. John Tarrant, Bishop of South Dakota
- Visit Camp of the Sacred Stones near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, the staging area for protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Lead a public forum at Camp of the Sacred Stones
- Meet public and regional officials
- Preach and preside at a worship service Sept. 25 at St. James’ Church, Cannon Ball
Bishop Curry offered a statement Aug. 25 that supports the people of Standing Rock Sioux Nation.