The Diocese of Pennsylvania has announced a five-member slate in the election of its 16th bishop:
- The Rev. W. Frank Allen, rector, St. David’s Church, Wayne, Pennsylvania
- The Rev. Canon Daniel G.P. Gutierrez, canon to the ordinary, chief operating officer, and chief of staff, Diocese of the Rio Grande, Albuquerque
- The Rev. Canon John T.W. Harmon, rector, Trinity Church, Washington, D.C.
- The Rev. Martha N. Macgill, rector, Emmanuel Parish, Cumberland, Maryland
- The Rt. Rev. Dean E. Wolfe, Bishop of Kansas and vice president of the House of Bishops
Provisional bishops have led the diocese since the retirement of the Rt. Rev. Charles E. Bennison, Jr., in December 2012.
The Rt. Rev. Clifton Daniel III has served as provisional bishop since 2013. The Rt. Rev. Rodney R. Michel became assisting bishop in 2008.
The diocese will accept nominees by petition until Feb. 3. A special convention will meet March 12 to elect the bishop.