The Diocese of Northern Indiana has announced five nominees in the search for its eighth bishop.
The nominees live as close as Mishawaka, five miles southeast of South Bend, and as far away as Salt Lake City.
The diocese will meet in special convention Feb. 5 for the election. The eighth bishop’s consecration is scheduled for June 25.
The Rt. Rev. Edward S. Little II, Bishop of Northern Indiana since 2000, plans to retire in June.
The nominees are:
- The Rev. Canon Lynn Carter-Edmands, canon for formation and transition, Diocese of Southern Ohio
- The Rev. Canon Andrew T. Gerns, rector of Trinity Church, Easton, Pennsylvania
- The Rev. Susan B. Haynes, rector of St. Paul’s Church, Mishawaka, Indiana
- The Rev. Douglas E. Sparks, rector of St. Luke’s Church, Rochester, Minnesota
- The Very Rev. Raymond J. Waldon, dean of St. Mark’s Cathedral, Salt Lake City