The Rev. Winnie Varghese writes on behalf of Episcopal Divinity School’s Interim President and Dean Search Committee:
Episcopal Divinity School (EDS) seeks an Interim President and Dean to serve an eighteen-month period beginning March 2015.
Episcopal Divinity School, a respected and progressive center for study and spiritual formation for lay and ordained leaders, is in a process of identifying an Interim President and Dean. The process was initiated by inviting input from the EDS community to identify qualities desired in our next leader. We are grateful for the many responses received, and those candidates who have already expressed interest in the position.
The diverse constituencies of the EDS community, including alumni/ae, students, faculty, and staff identified among the many qualifications for an Interim President and Dean, these key needs for this time of transition:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in theological education, developing faculties and boards in shared governance and engagement of the Association of Theological Seminaries.
- A pastoral presence who will be fully engaged in all aspects of community life.
- An Interim President and Dean who can “hit the ground running,” to increase enrollment and institutional development during this time of transition: well-respected among the leadership of the Episcopal Church; excited by the ecumenical reach of EDS’s programs; and engaged in the pastoral development of students.
- A proven commitment to academic excellence and social justice, including experience working with anti-racism and anti-oppressions methodologies to fully engage and support diversity at EDS.
- A leader that fosters goodwill and a communal spirit, and that can faithfully guide our community through challenges.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a CV and letter of intent to the Rev. Winnie Varghese at email@example.com by Saturday, February 7, 5:00pm, Eastern Time.
The trustees have appointed a representative body from the broader EDS community to serve as The Interim President and Dean Search Committee:
- The Rev. Winnie Varghese, Trustee, Chair
- Ms. Sandra Albom, Student Executive Committee
- Angela Bauer-Levesque, PhD, Academic Dean
- The Rev. Matthew Cadwell, PhD, Alumni/ae Executive Committee
- The Rt. Rev. Carol Gallagher, PhD, Trustee
- The Rev. Robert Griffin, DMin, Trustee
- The Rev. Joan Martin, PhD, Faculty
- Robert Steele, PhD, Trustee
- Samaria Stallings, Human Resources, EDS