Revised Feb. 2 to correct Dean Eaton’s birthplace
Eaton has served at St. John’s since 2002, and is an adjunct faculty member of Iliff School of Theology. He is a member of the Standing Commission on Ecumenical and Interreligious Relations and writes book reviews for TLC.
A native of Washington, D.C., Eaton is a graduate of King’s College, London, and Queens’ College, University of Cambridge. He served churches in England and France before being received as a priest of the Episcopal Church in 1991.
The other nominees were:
- The Rev. Michael J. Battle, interim dean of students and community life, Episcopal Divinity School
- The Very Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe, rector, St. Peter’s in the Woods Church, Fairfax Station, Virginia
- The Rev. John C.N. Hall, rector, St. Boniface Church, Sarasota, Florida
- The Rev. Allen F. Robinson, rector, St. James Church, Baltimore
- The Rev. Canon Martin W. Zlatic, rector of St. Joseph’s Church in Boynton Beach
The diocese has planned for the bishop coadjutor to succeed the Rt. Rev. Leopold Frade, third Bishop of Southeast Florida, next year.