Adapted from a Diocese of Southeast Florida announcement
The Rev. Canon Martin W. Zlatic, rector of St. Joseph’s Church in Boynton Beach, is a nominee by petition as the Diocese of Southeast Florida seeks a bishop coadjutor. The diocese will elect a bishop coadjutor in January who will succeed the Rt. Rev. Leopold Frade, third Bishop of Southeast Florida, a year later.
Zlatic has been rector of St. Joseph’s in since March 2001. He is a graduate of Cardinal Glennon College, the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (Angelicum) in Rome, and Fuller Theological Seminary (DMin, congregational development). First ordained as a Roman Catholic priest, Zlatic became a priest of the Episcopal Church in 1998. He joins five other nominees:
- The Rev. Michael J. Battle, interim dean of students and community life, Episcopal Divinity School
- The Very Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe, rector, St. Peter’s in the Woods Church, Fairfax Station, Virginia
- The Very Rev. Peter Eaton, dean, St. John’s Cathedral, Denver
- The Rev. John C.N. Hall, rector, St. Boniface Church, Sarasota, Florida
- The Rev. Allen F. Robinson, rector, St. James Church, Baltimore