The Diocese of North Carolina has nominated four women and one man in its search for a bishop suffragan. The nominees are:
- The Rev. Susan Buchanan, rector, Christ Church, North Conway, N.H.
- The Rev. Canon Amy Real Coultas, canon missioner, Christ Church Cathedral, Louisville, Ky., and Episcopal chaplain, University of Louisville Interfaith Center
- The Rev. Lisa Fischbeck, vicar, Church of the Advocate, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- The Rev. Matthew Heyd, priest and director of Faith in Action, Trinity Church Wall Street, New York
- The Rev. Anne Hodges-Copple, rector, St. Luke’s Church, Durham, N.C.
The diocese will accept nominees by petition until Nov. 15. The election is scheduled during the diocese’s annual convention, which meets Jan. 25-26.