By Richard Mammana, Jr.
The Historical Society of the Episcopal Church has elected the Rev. Robyn M. Neville as president for a one-year term.
Neville is the chaplain at St. Mark’s School in Fort Lauderdale and a theological educator in the Diocese of Southeast Florida. Her publications include a contribution to the Wiley-Blackwell Companion to the Anglican Communion (2013) and two chapters on the Eucharist in medieval Ireland for the anthology Treasures of Irish Christianity: People and Places, Images and Texts (Veritas, 2012).
She was ordained to the priesthood in the Diocese of Virginia in 2003, and has held positions as a visiting instructor of church history at Emory University and a professor of church history at General Theological Seminary. She completed an MDiv at Virginia Theological Seminary and a ThM at Harvard Divinity School. She has undertaken doctoral work at Emory University in church history.
Neville has served HSEC previously as a board member and chairwoman of the grants committee.
She succeeds the Rev. Robert Prichard, professor of church history at Virginia Theological Seminary, president of HSEC from 2011 to 2016. Prichard continues on the board as second vice president.
The Historical Society of the Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia in 1910. Its mission is “the preservation of the particular heritage of the Episcopal Church and its antecedents in order that the Church may be served in its mission of proclaiming Christ crucified and risen, and in its servanthood in the world.”
HSEC publishes the quarterly journal Anglican and Episcopal History and a newsletter, The Historiographer, in collaboration with National Episcopal Historians and Archivists.