The service began at 6:45 a.m. at the Thanks-Giving Square Chapel. Like other races throughout the United States, the Dallas event offers a full course of 26.2 miles, a half-marathon, and a full marathon for five-member teams.
The annual event launched in 1971. The marathon’s website reported these winners:
- Kimutai Cheruiyot of Kenya: 2:17:11
- Shitaye Gemechu of Ethiopia (women): 2:46:46
- Logan Sherman of Dallas (half marathon): 1:08:20
- Sara Hall (women, half marathon): 1:12:26
- Team Luke’s (relay): 2:30:40
A flier for the Marathon Mass mentioned five benefits:
Park Early. Pray Before. Warm Up.
Run the Rock. Rock the Run.